Keynote Speaker I
Prof. Tomokazu Nakayama
Jissen Women's University, Tokyo, Japan
T. Nakayama A. was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan. Nakayama earned a bachelor degree in English Literature and Linguistics from Obirin University in 1991, and MA in TESOL at Teachers’ College Columbia University in 2001 and Ph.D. at Hiroshima University in 2013. He is specialized in learning science. His current research interests are English as an International Language (EIL) and development of new learning methods to promote proficiency of EIL learners. He developed VA shadowing method to improve Japanese EIL learners’ listening skills and the book on its mechanism will be released this year. Now he and his colleagues are developing the new method called Instant Translation method to promote proficiency of Japanese EIL learners. He is currently an associate professor at Jissen Women’s University in Tokyo and teaches English and English teacher training courses.
Keynote Speaker II
Prof. Hui-Wen Vivian Tang
Teacher Education Center of Ming Chuan University, Taiwan
Hui-Wen Vivian Tang Professor of the
Teacher Education Center of Ming Chuan University, Taiwan.
In 2007, she received an Ed.D degree from the educational
leadership program of Texas A & M University, Kingsville,
Her current research focuses on leadership development, emotional intelligence, cross-cultural studies, multiple criteria decision making and teacher education. She is currently the Chair of Teacher Education Center of Ming Chuan University, a lifelong member of the Emotional Intelligence Training and Research Institute (EITRI) organized by a collegial association located in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA, and formerly the chief editor of “Journal of Applied English”.
Prof. Tang’s recent publications include “Forecasting performance of Grey Prediction for education expenditure and school enrollment” published in 2012 by Economics of Education Review (SSCI), “On the fit and forecasting performance of grey prediction models for China’s labor formation” published in 2013 by Mathematical and Computer Modelling (SCI), “Constructing a competence model for international professionals in the MICE industry: An analytic hierarchy process approach” in 2014 by Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education (SSCI), “Developing a short-form measure of personal excellence for use among university students in Taiwan” in 2015 by Total Quality Management & Business Excellence (SSCI) and “Critical factors for implementing a programme for international MICE professionals: A hybrid MCDM model combining DEMATEL and ANP” in 2016 by Current Issues in Tourism (SSCI).
Prof. Ma. Belinda S. Mandigma
University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
Speech title: The Role of Academics in Sustainable Global Research
Professional License and Organizations
• Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountant, Lifetime Member
• Philippine Economics Society, Member
• University of Santo Tomas Graduate School Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Society of the Philippines, Regular Member
• ENEDA, Regular Member
• World Journal of Social Sciences, Zia World Press, Australia, Associate Editor
• International Postgraduate Network, Selangor, Malaysia, Technical Committee Member
• International Economics Development and Research Center, Hong Kong, Senior Member
• World Business Institute, Melbourne, Australia, Fellow
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charlottesville, VA, USA, Regular Member
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Level II Passer
Current and Relevant Teaching and Other Positions:
• Professorial Lecturer , UST Graduate School, 2011 to Present
• Associate Researcher, UST Research Center on Culture, Education and Social Issues, 2010 to present
• Professor, UST College of Commerce and Business Administration, 2014 to present